Donations made to CForward will support a movement that will:
- Provide educational materials to candidates detailing the economic role of nonprofits.
- Enable CForward members to help identify and nominate candidates for support.
- Empower CForward members to help choose candidates to receive support.
- Provide financial support for candidates who meet CForward standards.
- Support candidate forums at the city, state and national level that promote the social and economic contributions of the sector as a whole.
- Develop media campaigns to promote these forums.
- Develop get-out-the-vote campaigns to let CForward members, nonprofit employees, volunteers and donors know about candidates that CForward endorses.
- Once elected, follow the work of CForward supported candidates to chart the impact of their polices.
- Promote, and encourage replication of, successful policies.
Will my donation be used in my community?
As we launch CForward, we will focus our initial resources on strategic elections and support candidates who, if elected, will pursue policies that will best utilize and highlight the strengths, skills and assets of the nonprofit sector.
The long-range plan of CForward is to support numerous candidates and multiple campaigns each year. Your generous support will help us reach that point.
CForward wants to insure that as many smart candidates as possible are elected. While CForward might not be able to support every great candidate, our website will allow visitors to nominate candidates for any election, and any visitor can provide direct support to any candidates that they feel merit their time, energy or funds.