CForward’s mission is to promote the economic role of the nonprofit sector and support candidates who include the sector in their plans to strengthen the economy.
CForward will educate candidates about the number of nonprofits that operate in their district, city, state or the country; the jobs they create, the wages they pay, the payroll taxes they generate, the amount of outside investment they bring into the community, as well as the financial impact their work has on the economy.
CForward will support, endorse and work to elect candidates who demonstrate a clear understanding of the economic role nonprofits play in their community, state or the country.
CForward will focus on, but not be limited to, local elections, with an emphasis on mayoral and gubernatorial elections, and will prioritize its support for candidates who commit to appointing a point-person, team or cabinet-level officer to work directly with nonprofit constituents to:
- Maintain up-to-date data and develop in-depth analysis of the economic role the sector plays, insuring that any proposed legislation affecting nonprofits would not have unintended or detrimental economic consequences.
- Work to lower barriers for nonprofits to work with government, as well as expedite contract negotiations and hasten reimbursements to organizations for work accomplished.
- Promote partnerships and support grant/contracting applications that would significantly increase the amount of investments coming into the city or state via the nonprofit sector.
- Develop partnerships and policies that would spur the growth of social enterprise organizations and micro-credit funds to help nonprofits or their constituents open businesses to become more self-reliant.
- Promote volunteerism and service learning opportunities that have measurable social and economic impact in the community.